I was asked by the nice folk at Red Spider Hire if I fancied going up in one of their fantastic machines to take some pictures at the village show. I was totally up for this until I realised it clashed with the date of a friends birthday party. Something needed to be done.
So I decided to replace myself with a couple of Raspberry Pi machines 🙂
Get the first Pi (pivite-eye) with the CSI Raspberry Pi camera to stream live video to the second Pi (pi-tv) where it will be displayed on a monitor or projector or something. Pi-TV and Pivate-eye will communicate over wifi provided by a MiFi wireless 3G access point. This will also allow Pi-TV to take screenshots and post them to twitter etc and any other sillyness.
- Getting it to work!
- Video resolution vs latency
- Video resolution vs bandwidth
- Automating the setup so it can be setup or reset without my intervention.
- Automating video snapshotting
- Automating twitter posting